Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life Lessons

I'm not very good at writing long blog posts, so this will be a quick one. Life is stressful. I seem to always like to distract myself rather than actually dealing with stresses in my life. Maybe it is because I don't have the answers, so I try to put decision-making and dealing with problems off until I feel like I have the capacity to deal with them. Unfortunately, life doesn't stop happening long enough for me to figure everything out before I need to deal with it.

I try to lean on my own strength far too often. I am proud, I am selfish, I am unworthy. Despite all of these things, Jesus calls me his! I am his child, adopted into his family and he loves me! These things bring me joy, although I often focus more on the negative things, than on his truth and promises. God is good, even if life isn't all the time. His strength will suffice.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment