Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Introduction

Good Evening,

I decided today that I should start a blog. Many years ago I kept a blog, as I felt that it was a helpful way to express myself to the people of the internet. I kept it updated for a little while, although shortly thereafter I lost the vigor and joy that I had in blogging, consequently the frequency of my thoughtful and thought-provoking posts waned. I decided then that it would be best to rid myself of this internet prison that blogging had become.

Luckily, I have decided to start writing a blog again, so that my life can be on display for the world to see. Welcome to my life. I love my life. I love Jesus. I love my job (some times, more than other times). I love spending time with my girlfriend Cassie. I love spending time with my friends as well.

Some thoughts:
People worry too much about what other people think of them. I spent many years thinking about the things that other people must have thought of me, and I assure you it was not heart-warming. I did not have a very good view of who I was, or what I was capable of. All I saw was what I thought other people must have seen, I was my own worst critic. I think that if I had spent more time encouraging and telling other people the good things about them, I would have had less time to think of all the things I hated about myself. I love encouraging people because it is something that brings me joy. I wish that I was motivated to be encouraging a lot more of the time. I often still get caught up on the things that I don't like about myself, and forget to encourage the people around me. Being encouraged feels good. I don't know about you, but I think that I would be very appreciative if people would encourage me more often.

So, I CHALLENGE YOU, yeah, you, internet peruser with nothing better to do than read this blog post...ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, do something nice for someone without asking for anything in return. I think it will make you feel like a good person, and it could potentially make the other person's day! So...do it!

Think about it. (But also do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment