Saturday, October 22, 2011

Arizona!!!

Good Afternoon,

It would seem that since Wednesday October 19th at 8:30am in Manitoba, time has flown by! Our first day travelling south, we drove from Winkler, MB, to North Platte, Nebraska. The drive was somewhere between 13 and 14 hours, with not a lot going on for scenery.

The second day of Travel, was considerably longer. We left North Platte, Nebraska at 7:00am, still in the same time zone as Manitoba, then drove for 17.5 hours, crossing two time zones to end up in Flagstaff, Arizona at 10:30pm Arizona time (12:30am Manitoba time). That was a long drive.

 Friday we woke up, went for breakfast, and headed to the Grand Canyon. We decided to leave the van in Flagstaff, in order to not waste fuel, since we would be heading back through Flagstaff after visiting the Canyon. The drive to the Canyon was about an hour and a half, during which I got to listen to Ryan and Juan Carlos speak in Spanish almost the entire way. I am catching some words here and there, and asking questions about how to say certain things. At the Canyon we took some cool pictures, did a bit more physical activity (Walking) than the 2 days previous, and headed back through Flagstaff to Tucson, where we arrived around 6:15pm.

We brought our stuff to the house we'd be staying at, then decided to go find a place to eat supper. We went to Applebee's, which was fantastic! They had an Asian Chicken Salad, and I ordered a half portion, which really wasn't half, more like 6/7ths or 7/8ths. The service there was wonderful, the atmosphere was pleasant. All around, it was a great experience. Then we headed back to the house, and watched a movie, after which I was so tired, I had a very hard time keeping my eyes open.

Today, we don't have to drive very far, and I am thankful for that. I spent some time this morning with Jesus, out on the deck of the house, with the warm sun on my back, and a beautiful view in front of me. It turns out this trip is probably going to cost me a bit more money than I anticipated, but God is good, and I am excited to see him at work in Mexico very soon.

We are staying in Tucson today, there is some shopping that needs to be done for Casa de Esperanza. Then tomorrow Juan Carlos is supposed to be in Phoenix doing some translating at a conference of some kind, and we'll be back in Tucson for night. Monday we are anticipating heading down to Mexico finally, the papers for the cars that we're importing to Mexico are supposed to be ready then.

All Praise and Honor to The Lord of Heaven's Armies!

No comments:

Post a Comment